Friday, May 8, 2015

Weeds Are Blessings!
Comfrey, Dandelion, Nettles, Malva, Plantain and Violet.
   The old Herbalists say that what grows at your doorstep is an offering of a plant that you need. What grows at your doorstep? Watching my plants grow brings me so much happiness! I want to share my love of weeds with you! I get so excited when I see the small shoots of Dandelions and Nettles rising up! Being attuned to their nature, I want them around me all the time! I wild transplant and reseed when I can. I make medicines like teas, tinctures, elixirs and ciders, but I also want to preserve herbs as a daily tonic for smoothies! 
   Weeds are super foods. They are richer in vital nutrients and powerful healing strength and vibration. They grow wild and often in terrible soil. They adapt. Weeds are survivors and warriors! They are the original nourishment. They are beauty. They are love. They are free food and medicine. Stand up for weeds!
   There are two ways that I preserve plants so that they are enjoyed even longer into the fall and winter. One of them is to freeze them. Freezing your plants will not only connect you to your plants and land as you lovingly collect them, you will reap the nutritional and financial benefits of your harvest.
Frozen Nettles

Making herbal powders is another great way to infuse minerals, vitamins and healing constituents into your diet. Make your own or call me for a personal blend! It is my pleasure and honor to bring people to the plants and to bring the plants to the people!
Green Blessings,
Anne
Nettles, Alfalfa, Violets and Horsetail.
Turmeric/Cinnamon Smoothie Powder
1 part Turmeric
1/4 part Cinnamon 
Blend and add a tsp. to your smoothie!
Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and is a strong antioxidant. Cinnamon balances the blood sugar, increases circulation and carries antimicrobial properties too!

Wild Herbal Blend
 2 Part Nettles
1 Part Dandelion
1 Part Alfalfa
Harvest the leaves and dry them thoroughly. Grind them into powder, blend them together and add some to smoothies and soups! You could also drink this as a tea! 



No comments:

Post a Comment