Monday, August 29, 2016

Hawthorn Berry Rose Petal Jam
© Anne Calzada Herbalist 

Recently gifted canning jars, the boiling pot, pectin and everything to can, I decided to make some Hawthorn/Rose Jam. I chose this blend because there is a Hawthorn berry tree in my life and I also have tons of Roses. I feel very grateful and blessed. Being the end of Summer, it is time! Hawthorn berries are my primary medicine for the physical heart. It literally helps to strengthen the heart muscle, veins, capillaries and arteries. It opens, cleanses, regulates and nourishes with vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, flavinoids and pectin.
Roses are my main flowers for the emotional heart. They are soothing to the psyche and uplifting to the heart and soul. They unburden a heavy emotional heart and help to open your heart chakra.  Loaded with nutrients such as vitamin C, quercetin and carotene. 
Here is my recipe!

Hawthorn Berry Rose Petal Jam
1 cup rose petals
1cup hawthorn berries
3 cup h20
2 lemons
2 cup sugar
pinch of cinnamon
pectin

Add berries and petals to the pot. Cover with water. bring to a boil. Juice the lemons, add the juice, sugar and cinnamon. Mix. Add pectin. Mix. Reduce to lowest heat and I let mine infuse for a couple of hours. I strained it and left in a few rose petals. Returned to the pot, brought to a boil, turn it off. Let it cool for a few minutes and pour into your jars. Sterilize in boiling water for a few if desired. 

Super yummy and beautiful! 
Plant Beauty and Plant Love,
Anne xo 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment