Sunday, May 29, 2016

Oh My Aspens
©Anne Calzada Herbalist
   My whole life I have loved the Aspen trees, all of the Populus! They seemed to love being together as a family. It is rare to see one by itself, because of its heavily shared underground root system. They like the rocky mountains the best, so I guess they really represent these wild mountains for me. They protect and encourage other plant life to grow around them. They are strong and pure in their energetic vibration. 
 Native people used the bark of the Aspen for headaches, muscle soreness, pain, arthritis, digestive upset , diarrhea, UTI and infections. Aspen contains salicin which is anti-inflammatory and analgesic. It is known that Aspen represents fearlessness and removing fear of the unknown and anchoring the power of Love that stands behind that strength. Let Aspen remove the shaking and quaking out of you!!!

So when it is time, it is time. I went to the really high altitude today and brought back four Aspen babies with me! People warn me....they will spread, they are a landscaper's nightmare. Well they are an herbalist dream realized for me! When I sit outside with this shimmering family, I feel very blessed, relaxed, protected and inspired!!! In fact Aspen is such a fast healer, that when there are wildfires and burns, Aspens are the first trees to repopulate in the area.I hope my Aspens live forever to create a little grove of healing at my home!
Do you have a favorite tree that speaks to you? 
Let me know and thank you for following my work!
Green Blessings All Ways
Love, Anne xo

No comments:

Post a Comment